Friday, May 18, 2018

Communities of Practice of Interest to Me



First, I want to highlight a group of communities of practice (CoPs) which are funded through the same initiative as the Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) in Arizona. This group of CoPs is titled Great Expectations for Teachers, Children, and Families. There are CoPs related to many topics in the early childhood field. I am interested in this group of CoPs because I noticed that there are none related to leadership.

This relates to a job of interest to me. I would be interested in facilitating my capstone project, a CoP for early childhood leaders, within the group of CoPs. It would be a great opportunity for me to implement the project I am compiling and it would serve a great need in my community. In order to qualify for this position I would need experience and education in early childhood education (ECE), leadership development, and adult education.

https://www.getcf.org/communities-of-practice/

Another organization in my community is the Southern Arizona affiliate of NAEYC- SAzAEYC. This community of practice provides several opportunities for education, advocacy, and community building in the field of ECE in the Southern Arizona community. I have served as a board member for this organization and found the work we did to be inspiring and effective.

A job I would be interested in is the Executive Director of SAzAEYC. This role provides solid leadership for the board and other aspects of the association. Skills and experience for this position are knowledge about our local ECE community, ECE best practices, and grant writing and fundraising experience to ensure secure funding for the association.

https://sazaeyc.org/

Quality First Academy is a CoP for technical assistance providers of the QRIS in my state. This CoP interests me because I am a member of it and it has great potential for supporting collaboration and education of the TAPs who work with adults in the ECE field. In my experience, this CoP is missing components of high quality adult education practices.

For this reason, I would be interested in the position of coordinator for this CoP. I would like to infuse adult learning theory into the sessions for TAPs. In order to qualify for this position I would need extensive understanding of the challenges TAPs face in the field, adult learning theory, and the QRIS system structure.

https://pll.asu.edu/p/search?f%5B0%5D=type%3Acourse

No comments:

Post a Comment